What to do when involved in an Auto Accident
What you do immediately after having any type of motor vehicle accident affects the outcome of your accident claim. It’s wise to remember these important tips, to help ensure the best results.
- Immediately assess any injuries and call an ambulance, if needed.
- Locate or speak to any witnesses, and get their contact information.
- Call the police and report the accident.
- If you are able, quickly take pictures of the entire scene and all vehicles, before moving anything.
- Make notes while things are fresh in your mind: approximate speed that you and any other cars involved were traveling; road conditions; any factors such as construction, poor signage, debris in the road, etc.
- Beyond exchanging names and insurance information, do not speak to any other parties involved.
- Quickly contact a knowledgeable personal injury attorney to obtain guidance and recommendations from the outset. You should speak to an attorney before speaking with your insurance company.The attorneys at Bober & Bober, P.A. carefully and skillfully handle all types of auto, truck, motorcycle, bike, scooter, and boat accidents. We offer free consultations for these cases. Call us anytime. And when on the roads, stay alert, ignore your phone, and drive safely.